The North Grenville Co-operative Pre-School and Learning Centre is a non-profit, co-operative organization run by parents and community members.
Our School is more than just a school, it is a home away from home for your children.
Our Mission and Values
- To provide a fun, positive and safe learning environment.
- To help children develop and share ideas.
- To develop positive attitudes towards civic participation and respect in our children.
- To recognize the value that each child possesses and celebrate each child’s uniqueness.
- To celebrate the cultural diversity and richness of our community.
- To allow children to explore their imagination.
- To ensure parents the opportunity to participate in all aspects of their children’s learning experience.
- To allow all children of our community an equal opportunity for enrichment.
Our curriculum is “alive” and ever evolving and reflects the diversity of each individual child in the program.
How Does Learning Happen?
Ontario’s Pedagogy for the Early Years is a professional learning resource guide about learning through relationships and is intended to support curriculum/program development and guide practice in early year’s programs.
“How Does Learning Happen?” is organized around four foundational conditions that are important for children to grow and flourish:
Belonging, Well-Being, Engagement and Expression
These foundations are a vision for the future potential of all children and a view of what they should experience each and every day.
These four foundations apply regardless of age, ability, culture, language, geography, or setting.
These are conditions that children naturally seek for themselves.
- Belonging: Every child has a sense of belonging when connecting to others and contributing to their world. Early childhood programs cultivate authentic, caring relationships and connections to create a sense of belonging among and between children, adults and the world around them.
- Well-Being: Every child is developing a sense of self, health and well-being. Early childhood programs nurture the children's healthy development and support their growing sense of self.
- Engagement: Every child is an active and engaged learner who explores the world with body, mind and senses. Early childhood programs provide environments and experiences to engage children in active, creative and meaningful exploration, play and inquiry.
- Expression: Every child is a capable communicator who expresses him/herself in many different ways. Early childhood programs foster communication and expression in all forms.
Through the co-operation and participation of our diverse community we are dedicated to guiding our children towards excellence in learning and community involvement.